Employment and workplace mediation
The number of employee grievances and tribunal applications has been soaring over the past months. Employer resources are being stretched: both the internal cost of handling disputes and the external fees.
Mediation is a very attractive alternative to the internal grievance procedure or the tribunal.
Whether proceedings have been commenced or not, mediation is at least 80% successful in resolving disputes.
Mediation works best when:
- An employer or employee feels that there is a personality conflict amongst individuals or within a team.
- An employer or employee feels that there is bullying or harassment.
- An individual feels discriminated against, whether on the basis of sex, race or disability.
- Employees suffer from stress at work.
- Poor performance is an issue or an unacceptable attendance record.
- Bonus or other contracted terms are in dispute.
- There is dissatisfaction over equal pay issues
For more detailed information, please see our case studies
In-house employment mediation
We have extensive experience of designing and implementing in-house mediation systems and of undertaking the mediations ourselves.
At a time when grievances and Employment Tribunal applications are escalating, employers are looking for a fast, effective and cost effective solution to their problems. Mediation provides that solution as the various testimonies we have received endorse.